Favorite Emojis: Exploring Emoji Diversity and the Beloved Black Cat 🐈‍⬛

The post Favorite Emojis: Exploring Emoji Diversity and the Beloved Black Cat 🐈‍⬛ appeared first on Katzenworld - Welcome to the world of cats!.

What are your favorite emojis?

I used to look down my nose at anybody over the age of fourteen who used emojis but, over time, they have crept into daily use. Now I use them all the time, although I tend to use the same dozen or so over and over again.

My favourite emoji is obviously this one 🐈‍⬛ , although I was somewhat offended that it took so long for Apple to create it. In fact, they didn’t bring it into existence until iOS14.2 (or December 2020, if you are a normal person who speaks normally).

They even saw fit to create zombies and vampires of different ages and sexes, before they created a black cat. I like zombies 🧟 🧟‍♀️🧟‍♂️ and vampires 🧛 🧛‍♀️🧛‍♂️ as much as the next person – probably more, in fact – and I’m all up for zombie and vampire diversity, but if you’re going to Hallowe’en it up in the emoji department, a black cat is surely number one after a pumpkin? 🎃

Anyway, it’s here now, which I suppose is the most important thing. And how delightful that they chose a classic Louis Catorze pose:

The inspiration behind the emoji?

The post Favorite Emojis: Exploring Emoji Diversity and the Beloved Black Cat 🐈‍⬛ appeared first on Katzenworld.



from Katzenworld https://ift.tt/t3Viep9
via IFTTT

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post